Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Busy Fall

Man, it has been forever since I have been here.  Sorry about that but life has been extremely busy the last few months.  I'll begin with the Barge Festival,  a fun time but only visiting.  Very few people in Winnipeg know what this "festival" is all about and so don't come expecting to see fine art and certainly not to buy.  But we did have some quality visit time with relatives and friends which counts for a lot these days.

In Sept. Dawn and I combined with her sister and hubby and one of her cousins and took off for Iceland to see what the world was like in the beginning.  Volcanic eruptions, earth quakes, hot springs, geysers, ancient lava flows, glaciers and Vikings.  What a unique place on this earth.  We also hooked up with Dawn's Icelandic relatives who were so kind and gracious in their desire to make connections and show us another side of their culture and take us to where Dawn's grandmother was born.
In November we went to Churchill on a sightseeing and educational trip.  We stayed at the Churchill Northern Research Centre located where the old rocket range was headquartered.  Had a great trip, viewing the polar bear migration and seeing what has changed in Churchill since I worked up there in the late 1960's.
In the between times I did manage to finish a commissioned piece ( loon and two chicks ) and began a single adult Loon.  I also started a pixilation painting of White Pelicans.  Just finished that and will take to my Friday art group for critique.  They always give me an honest opinion and suggestions for what they think will improve the overall impression.
Should also mention that we are working on a new computer so I am not sure how to add pics but will try.

No comments:

Post a Comment