Thursday, August 21, 2014

Another week of work done and pieces almost ready for The Prairie Barge Festival, neither had I until the Sask Craft Council received an invitation for Sask artists to participate.  Since Winnipeg is a city that has a long history with stone carving I thought that it would be a good place to reintroduce my work there.  There was a time that I had galleries there to sell my work but as goes the world of art they disappeared or dried up and then there were none.
Now the recent work has focused on smaller pieces since this is an outdoor sale at The Forks, not a gallery.  There was a definite lack of lower end pieces in my home stock. 
I like the leaf, turtle and beluga whales the most out of the completed work.  These are all smaller pieces and ready just in time for Winnipeg.    Hopefully the weather is great and there are loads of folks out.  If not we will just have to visit with the relatives and enjoy their company.  So next blog will be after that show and we will let everyone know what The Prairie Barge Festival is all about.  By the way there will be no barge involved this year due to high water, now that is really strange.....

No comments:

Post a Comment