Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spring News

Well, spring is supposedly here though as I write there are white flakes coming down.  makes outside work a little chilly but I have been out there doing just that.  Last post I mentioned that I was carving wood, fir to be precise.  I did get the two pieces done and am now looking at a chunk of soapstone.

Nouveau Gallery in Regina have picked some of my work for a spring show of Regina area artists and a small retrospective of Ted Godwin's work 1961 to 1988 ( one member of the Regina Five).  The show is called AWAKENINGS. Nice to have gallery representation in town. 

Also a somewhat frantic time for our ReginArt group and the spring show on May 15-17.  Trying to find sponsors , get info organized for printing invites, booklet, etc..  I think we have a phenomenal group of artists and we really want to make this a successful show for all of us.

The pictures are of  the two almost complete wood carvings.







No comments:

Post a Comment