Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Another show done

Yes the 2014 edition of the ReginArt is done and to rave reviews of both guests, sponsors and the artists themselves.  I would like to thank all our sponsors, Wolfond Financial, Dilawre BMW, Eyes on Hamilton,  Bravo Tango Designs and Western Litho, for their support.  We are now beginning the planning process for the 2015 show so keep posted and I'll try to be more regular with my posts to keep folks updated.
Our next project is a Gala Benefit for Prairie Wealth Management Group in Saskatoon.  They are raising funds in support of a new leadership program being introduced in Saskatchewan schools.. that will take place at TCU Place on October 24 with the artists extending the show to the 25 in the same venue. 

Work wise I have been concentrating on rehabbing a piece that I felt was not up to scratch.  I carved a female figure of wood but the grain of the wood made the face look ugly.  The harder I tried to get it right the worse it got.  I left it while working on the ReginArt show and then decided the rest of the piece was to good to scrap.  My solution was to remove the face and do one in stone.  This of course created other problems but the results were much more satisfying.  I still need some touch-ups but the pics will give you some idea and you can judge for yourselves.








No comments:

Post a Comment