Monday, March 4, 2013

A new look?


In these new works I am trying to incorporate the ideas that Andre has tried to teach me during our time together in Costa Rica.  I think the waterfall comes close to impressionism and parts of the cabin do. I do not often do stuctures like the cabin but that was one thing Andre was getting me to do.  It was also from a picture of a cabin at Herb Lake Landing which I had actually been in when I worked in Snow Lake, Manitoba.  Herb Lake Landing was an almost ghost town then with only a couple of commercial fishermen and trappers using the remaining buildings on a seasonal basis.  Now if I can find some reasonably priced frames I may show these at the ReginArt show April 30, May 1 at the Delta Hotel.  It is always nice to get public reaction to your work.  You are all wecome to join the seven Regina artists in this our first of what we hope will be an annual event.

No comments:

Post a Comment